Life's little choices...

It's funny. The older I get, the more confident in myself I become. I can see why they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You learn all about yourself from difference experiences, you learn to expect specific outcomes from certain situations. Me, I've learned to trust my gut instincts.



Over the last five years it is amazing how independent I have become. Well I understand that part of this is because I am at the point in my life when you become independent. Going off to college, starting your first fulltime job, these are things that are supposed to happen at my age. But it's more than just paying my own bills, or doing laundry, or choosing an apartment. I have really learned how to stop letting other people make decisions for me. Now when I talk to people about things, I do it with a concrete decision in my mind. Sure I will listen to someone else's opinion. It might even allow me to think of new things that I didn't consider. But I know that if I change my mind, it isn't because someone wasn't happy with my decision. It was because it wasn't the right decision for me at the time.



I guess you can probably tell that I have been making a lot of major decisions. I have. But I've always been overly cautious about things. I have never been the type of person to just make a major decision on impulse. Hell I do very little on Impulse. I have to be mentally and emotionally prepared. I know that bugs a lot of people crazy. I'm not saying I don't like to go out and have fun. I just like to plan things out. I like to understand the pros and cons.



Anyway, I am veering off track here. I can give a quick writing update. I haven't really written much of anything yet. I took a break to read two books. It's funny because I find that I am learning a lot about writing styles and techniques of my favorite authors. I have one more book to read, which coincidentally has to do with a central theme in my own book, and once I get this second chapter revised, I will start back on the short story. I've got a busy few weeks ahead of me. But oh well. I did say that I like to be busy.