Pitch, Pitch, Pitch

You know me! When I find a hot new article I just have to share it with my friends. Today twitter pinged me with some unexpected NaNoWriMo goodness.  (If you aren't familiar with NaNoWriMo check out the following Posts: Taking on NaNoWriMo Part 1 and Taking on NaNoWriMo Part 2)

The Book Doctors, just wrapped up the NaNoWriMo Pitchapalooza, and randomly critiqued 25 of the submitted pitches for this year's NaNo projects. They have posted all of the examples on their site, along with a description of what works and what doesn't. The pitch is definitely something that varies from person to person, but I always encourage writers to pay attention to what the industry professionals are saying! You never know when you are going to find that golden nugget of information that might help you get noticed.

There is also a second element to the contest, you can actually vote on your favorite pitch! The downside, the voting system is a bit archaic, requiring voters to send an email to the Book Doctors with their choice, but it's still a neat idea.

Oh, and if you are looking for more pitch related sites, here is one of my favorites: Evil Editor.