Fun in the sun. There's nothng like it. I spent 80 percent of my waking hours yesterday in the sun reading and writing. Then I went to my writing group and I had sooo much fun. We critiqued two different novels, and it really helped me realize that everyone else was having the same problems I was. It also gave me a little more confidence about submitting my novel for critiquing. I would like to get the entire first draft done first, but that might take me another two months at least, so I am not sure. I can give them the first few chapters, but I know that by the time I finish this book, there will be things I need to go back and add in the beginning. I will also have a better sense of a few of the characters, who on the page are still a little weak. I guess it depends on what I want to get out o the critique. For me I would really rather have it be less focused on major plot elements and more concentrated on structural problems, tone, character development etc. I feel like if I post it now, the comments that I get might be helpful, but will probably be things I already know. And even if I don't, what I am really worried about, is that there comments will make me hesitant to keep writing in the direction I am moving in, adn I don't want to restructure the plot for a third time.



Anyway, I need to go to work, but I am going to start a writing challenge again. Sort of my own. But I want to get another 50,000 words by the end of May. I think that is doable, well I know it is, and if I get more than I think that will be cool. but for now, I will post daily my word count, as well as my best and worst line etc, so that you can see what my writing challenges are like.



happy day. I'll write back later.