Donate to the Save Melissa Fund!!!

Happy New Year!!!

I just want to say thanks to all you loyal readers who keep checking in despite the fact that I haven’t posted in a while. I know who you are! I don’t really have much to talk about today. It just felt like an appropriate day to blog. It being Friday the 13th and all.

Of course it is not even ten yet and nothing bizarre has happened, unless you count my waking up on time. The sky did turn ominously dark on my way to work. A few flashes of lightning danced around. But I never did hear any thunder.

So, have I been writing? Yes. And that is a good thing. I have learned something from spending 40 hours a week writing grants and articles. I do much better when I am writing it all out by hand. Something about the process makes me more creative. And being able to scratch things out but then look back and see what it was I scratched out is very helpful. Sometimes with the computer, I hit the delete key and end up writing the same thing five times. So now I have a spiral notebook in every room in the house and everyday I write something in it. Will I write the whole novel by hand? I seriously doubt it. But the notebook is just more convenient then my ten pound laptop that only opens word 1/20th of the time. I don’t have to worry about the battery dying, finding a place to plug it in or more importantly a way to get the files from the laptop onto my computer. In all honesty I probably should burn the thing. But I have a problem with letting go. I never was good at saying goodbye.

So my big thing right now is podcasts. I am so completely in love with them. For those of you who don’t know I got an iPod for Christmas (I know, I know…I’m a very lucky girl. And yes, my love can be bought. J/k….alligator handbags!!!) And I have been downloading all kinds of things that I didn’t bother with before. Like now I subscribe to MuggleCast and PotterCast. Two guesses as to what those shows are about. It’s fun though because even though I’m not all that interested in the HP news, I love listening to the theories and the discussion and debates. The other big thing is free cartoons from Channel Frederator. Did I mention that they are free! Some of the coolest funniest stuff I’ve seen and I just download it and pull out my iPod when I’m stuck somewhere and watch till my heart’s content.

My iPod made its first trip to the grocery store this week. It was great. Shopping to my own personal soundtrack. But let’s be honest here. I was listening to MuggleCast at the time. I’m a dork. I know. I’m not ashamed.

So I think I am just going to turn this into a blog about my iPod. Would you like that? Probably not as much as I do. Maybe I’ll try my own podcast. Heck I can do audioblogs on this thing…If I remember how to do it.

Anyway. Time to do something productive. May the force of the iPod be with you. Watch Channel Frederator. Listen to MuggleCast. Visit mugglenet.com. Send me fifty bucks.