WooHoo: Good News....

Ok Ok, so it wasn't a sale, but no form rejection for this wanna-be writer! My story did make it out of the slush pile! (And for any of you who know anything about the publishing industry, making it out of the slush pile is half the battle.)

While she didn't like it "enough" to buy it for the site (which publishes 50% new writers and 50% established writers) she was sorry I hadn't submitted something for her last anthology. You remember that right? The infamous Trickster anthology. I am eager to see what stories made it in...the short story I was going to submit to that gave me nightmares and finally I felt like it just wasn't working...I was forcing myself to write on a topic to which I could not relate.

Anyway, I did not submit then, but I am determined to sell my short stories to Ellen so I will keep trying. I am working on one now that is actually science fiction and not fantasy....so that is a first for me. Well see how it goes. There will definitely be a lot of critiquing on that one. I just think out of all the professional markets I have looked at she really selects pieces I like. Plus she publishes more often because it is an online site...(although she only does one at a time and others do multiple...) I guess it is a toss up.

Look at me, I am rambling on and on. I can't even think straight. I am so excited. I am going to spend whatever free time I can get critiquing stories and i have a writing group meeting on sunday...oh wait, uh oh it might be saturday and not sunday. Or it mught be next weekend. yes next weekend. Well that is good I think. Give me some time to catch up, post Harry Potter.

So this story goes out tomorrow to another market. I think that I am going to pull it out of the pro markets and try the semi-pro or webzines...only because I do think it is good enough to be published, and I don't know if it really fits the audience of the pro markets. Plus the Pro markets are so darn slow. I guess I am going to have to start writing faster. I want to keep stuff (high quality stuff) on Ellen's desk. She's a good person to have in your corner. Especially in this sometimes overly masculine field.

ok time for dinner..then stories!!!