What I'm reading: Speak of the Devil

I am currently reading “Speak of the Devil” by Jenna Black and loving it. This poor girl gets hit with ever rock that can be thrown her way and I am just baffled by everything that she has to go to. For a fourth book in a series, this is a really impressive read. Who can resist her oober sexy love scenes featuring my favorite couple Adam and Dominic? Certainly not me.



The only thing I have against this book is Morgan’s constant whining about her on again off again boyfriend. Personally I found Brian a little boring, I mean who needs Brian with Demons like Lugh, Adam, and Saul walking around? There is a scene where Lugh tells Morgan that she’s got to put in some work saving their relationship because Brian is always the one putting in all the effort. I disagree. Brian is a baby. He’s always throwing temper tantrums and to be honest, the sex hasn’t even been that great for me since book one. At this point it’s just safe comfort sex. I want gritty, passionate, forbidden sex!! LOL.



Okay maybe I’m a bit overdramatic here but I really don’t think so. There is no challenge in Brian and Morgan’s relationship. As a reader I like to experience the chase. I like to see the tension between the two characters dripping off the page. For Morgan and Lugh, it’s a given, because Morgan has always been so resistant. We are curious to see if and how Lugh will seduce her. But with Brian, it was like, come over, let have sex. Boring.



Don’t get me wrong! I absolutely love, love, love this book. I mean really, with a crazy plot like this, who has time for a sex life? Morgan is having enough trouble staying alive and out of jail. Good luck girlie.