Starting the New Year Right

Everyone's talking about bloggers, and I thought as loyal readers you might find this interesting. A recent news article reported this...



"Though blog readership jumped, the percentage of online Americans who write blogs grew only slightly — to 7 percent in November, up from 5 percent early in the year. Blog creators tend to be male, affluent, well-educated and young; 70 percent of them have high-speed connections at home, and 82 percent have been online at least six years. "



Guess I don't exactly fit the profile. But that's whats so great about blogging. That and it's free.



So I started the new year off on the right foot. I got a chapter revised...well semi revised and moved onto new territory. it always feels so great when I move onto new stuff. Except for that moment off sheer panic when you stare at the blank white screen and that flashing black cursur. It's not so great then. But I've found the best way to deal with any fear is constant exposure. Most fear is all in your head. It's psychological, your brain has connected something unpleasant to a specific stimulous, an animal, a sound, an experience, a flashing cursor on a blank screen. It's such a basic instint that I think a lot of people forget that by constantly facing that fear, and proving it wrong your mind will naturally erase the stigma.



So that's what I do. Or that's what I am trying to do. Break down that fear of the white page by plowing on, full steam ahead. Sometimes, like today...I surprise myself with good writing. Sure it needs work, I know that there is a paragraph in there where I used the same verb at least three times. But those are things that I can change later. I just want the story down. The skeleton. I am an excellent plastic surgeon, if I have something to work with. Right now I have nothing. And as talented as I am, I'm certain plastic surgeons weren't meant to play god. That's what I'm doing. In more ways than one, and it's hard work. There will be no seventh day of rest for this chicky.



Anyway. Happy New Year! Good luck with the resolutions. If you want to read the rest of that article here is the link.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050102/ap_on_hi_te/blogs_survey

peace out.