Going for Gold

Tis the season of the olympic spirit and I am feeling like anything is possible. That could be the $750,000 grant we just recieved to implement a statewide project, or it could be that my novel--which until now has been complete chaos--is finally beginning to get its sea legs, or maybe it the fact that I finally am doing something that I love. I am a big believer in everything happening for a reason. Some days are good and some days are bad, but the bad ones only make me stronger and prepare me for what lies ahead. I have never been extremely religious. I believe in God, or some higher being, but I have a lot of issues with organized religion. I'm not going to get into those issues here. Unless someone requests that I do so. I only bring it up because, despite my slightly agnostic tendenacies two sayings, both of which are tied to religion have been my mantra, and my motivation. The first is "God wouldn't put me through this unless he believed I was strong enough to get through it". The second is "If you're going to walk on water you have to get out of the boat." The first one refers to the trials and tribulations of life. The second relates to Jesus walking on water, doing the impossible. According to the Bible Peter asks Jesus to allow him to walk on the water and Jesus simply says "come". It is pure faith in the lord that allows Peter to step out of the boat. And you can't know what is possible and what is impossible if you never step out, if you never try. I suppose this is why I am starting this organization. I have a passion, I have a talent and I have a certain set of skills that with a little bit of faith and a lot of hard work it just might be possible. If I don't believe in that, then what's the point? If you can't dream, how do you live?



I say it again, for anyone fighting their own struggles. Please don't wait for life to come to you. Don't wait for answers, find them, seek them, fight for what you want. And when you fall, when things don't go your way, cry, mourn and move on. Life is short, it is precious and if you don't believe in yourself first, it doesn't matter who else believes in you.