Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Play Hooky With

It's that time again. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday theme: Top Ten Books You Would Play Hooky With. I love it already.



Okay so here's the list. 

#10




Yes. It's on the list. Because something about this book is like crack. It's completely addictive. Although it may have been forever ruined by the horrid movies. Perhaps one day I can again pick up the book and not picture Kristin Stewart or Rob Pattinson and their painful acting. Perhaps.






#9




I'm not sure if this is the exact book, but I love Jenna Black and this is one of my fav urban fantasy series. I could get caught up in it again.








#8 




Yep. Harry Potter also had to make this list. The Deathly Hallows is my second favorite book in the series. I've listened to the audio book many a times while at work. 








#7





Oh how I love, love, love this book. I also love the fact that the audio version is narrated by Jim Dale which just reminds me of Harry Potter. I can and have listened to his voice for hours!






#6



Okay, this is my all time favorite HP book. There is something so fantastic about that moment when Harry realizes that despite all odds, his name has been entered into the Tri-Wizard Tournament. And when Dumbledore finds out...so fantastic.








#5





I don't read much of her stuff anymore but once upon a time I was obsessed with all things LKH. This was one of my favorite books in the series and I have a very worn out copy on my bookshelf as a result. If I was going to play hooky, I might have to do it with this book.





#4



Mr. Eric Northman. Shower. Nuff said. ( Side Note: I really wish True Blood had used that scene in it's original form).









#3




The movie is great. The book is better. I've read it multiple times and each time I open it up I am blown away by what Suzanne Collins is able to accomplish. There are so many different things at work that the average reader would probably not catch and yet it is part of what makes this book work so well. It is such a well done YA book.







#2


This entry proves that you don't have to write well to make it to the top of a list. The book is full of grammatical errors, typos, and very basic writing blunders. It is also at the top of the NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Lists. It's also ten times more addictive than Twilight. I read the first two books in less than five days. If I was currently working, this would be the book I'd play hooky with, because everything else just doesn't seem important when you are lost in the world of Christian Grey.






#1


Okay so this is not actually a cover, it is a filler for this post. This is the inspiration for Chai Macek the main character in my Love Sex Magick series. This book has the number one spot because let's face it, I deliberately use vacation days just so that I can get lost in this book. I'm cool like that. Fingers crossed: the book has caught the eye of a couple of editors. Let's hope one of them bites. Maybe then I'll add a cover. Though I would still be willing to play hooky to read the published version of this book.