Hello....Is there anybody out there?

Where oh where has my little writer gone? I know that's what you've been asking yourself in my absence. Could I have been trapped in a basement re-reading Breaking Dawn over and over again until every word was ingrained in the back of my mind? Not likely. BD, not my fav. I did however just finish rereading all of the Harry Potter books. I forgot how long the last four books were. It took a little while but was fun as I forgot a lot of the stuff that wasn't in the movies.

So other than reading what am I doing? Am I writing...Where's my book? Why isn't on shelves beside my second favorite author?

All legitimate questions.

Yes, I am still writing. In September I met with Editor Paula Guran and who reviewed my submission packet. They, like im' guessing many other publishers, are being very cautius about buying giving the economy and the borders deathwatch (I kid you not on the Borders thing, check out their stock, it's been less than a dollar a share for the last two months). She gave me some good feedback and simultaneously gave me permission to work on a new project (though that might not have been her intention). So now I am about a third of the way into another novel, which is so drastically different from the first, and I love it. It's not as dark, not as monolithic, not as likely to be banned by 80 percent of the south (though I still love my OK peeps). The characters sort of came to me as a whole unit, this disfunctional cluster (youknowwhat) that cracks me up with their paranoias, OCDs and of course their otherworldy drama. I'm still wrapping my head around some of the magic and how it works, but I have the full plot mapped out in my head and just need to find time to put it down on paper.

Oh and one of the ladies in my writing group sold two novels...(at least I think it was two). The first one will be out in the next few months. I will send a reminder so that you all can go out and buy it!

Oh and for the totally random thought of the day...have you seen Joaquin Phoenix lately? He was on letterman a few weeks ago and they replayed the episode tonight...and hmmm...I thought Ben Stillers impersonation was exagerated but whoa.... bizarre to the ninth degree.