I'm back

Hi everyone. I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything. I come and I go. I know. It's frustrating. But I have missed you all. My life has been full of lots of changes, and I just didn't have the energy to do it all. I haven't been posting, because I haven't been writing. Unless you count work. Which I don't. But this week, I picked up my laptop. Holed up in a caribou coffee and opened the file to my manuscript. As I started making edits I felt a new rush of excitement. I can definitely see the improvement. My voice and tone are much stronger now. I have a better understanding of plotting and having not looked at it in a while can pick out some of the major flaws with that first draft. It was funny, because as I typed that last chapted I had to go back and rewrite the first three or four so that they were in line with the ending. Funny how things change on you. Characters changed, plots changed relationships that I didn't anticipate developed. Hell, I even had a main character wind up with a husband and kid. I never anticipated that.

So I will keep you updated as I make edits and look to start submitting to editors. I think this break, although hard and full of doubts, was much needed.

TTFN