Ok, so I have to apologize because I have not been very good lately at updating this page. In fact, I have not been very good lately at doing much of anything. Do you ever wake up one morning, realize a whole month has gone by and wonder what you’ve accomplished? It is very easy to fall into a routine, and even easier to avoid taking risks. The months quickly turn into years and it can be frustrating at times because this is not where I thought I would be. Ironically, the longer I avoid writing my novel the more it calls out to me. I can’t imagine not being a published author. I can’t imagine that I would be truly fulfilled without it. Is that an outlandish statement?

So I was feeling kind of lost and decided to spend the last few weeks away from my computer. I haven’t critiqued stories for other people…I just took the time to think. I’ve been reading all kind of books, some in the genre I write, some bestsellers, some random items that have made its way into my collection and yet somehow not been read. It’s helped a little to remind me that I don’t have to write the world’s best novel, that my ideas are unique and original, and somewhere out there is an audience eager to read my stuff. This is just a pit stop and I’ve been too damn scared to get back on the bus. But this blog helps, reading your emails and comments, knowing that people are out there who want to see me succeed; it all helps to keep me motivated. So I promise to keep writing if you promise to keep reading!