Inspiration...

The most inspiring and motivating thing anyone has ever said to me related to writing is this. "Just remember that a lot of stuff gets published that isn't very good." That quote keeps me going, and most of the time it reminds me not to put too much pressure on myself. There is very little that is perfect. There will always be someone who doesn't like your work. Sometimes I need to stop and ask myself. Is my goal to write the perfect novel, or is it to write a novel that sells? There we go, back to that money thing again.

But my goal was never to write a perfect novel. I simply wanted to write what I like to read. I had ideas, characters floating around in my head, that I wanted to get on paper, and see in print. Man, there is just something about seeing my name in print that puts me on cloud nine. I get such a rush. And it doesn't have to even be published. There is just a fulfillment and a sense of pride that comes with printing off a 400 page manuscript and saying there. It's done. And knowing that you did that. That you created that. And that someone out there is going to get it, going to love it, the way you love it.

I'm not asking for a million fans. Would it be nice...hmmm. I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. But a handful will do. Or a handful of fans and a lot of innocent succers who happen to purchase my book. Because on the flipside, if the book doesn't sell, more don't follow.

Anyway, I am trying this thing out...with another blog...and I am not sure how it is going to go. It seems like a good idea now, but I will have to play around with it a bit before I know if it is working and I really don't feel comfortable sharing the link yet...so you will just have to wait and see.

Well I am getting tired now. I have been reading for a while, and sitting at this computer is making me antsy, so I think I will search for something else to do.

Night!