Lost in the shadows...

I am ready for my public flogging. I was getting good at this for a while, updating regularly, and every once in a while writing something worth reading. That was before I had a job. A job that, well, lets just say has caused enough stress that my right eye has begun twitching again. For those of you who have never experienced the eye twitch, I can tell you that it is directly related to stress. I still remember the first time it happend. Winter quarter sophmore year of college, between midterms all the way up until finals. It was a long and probably insane quarter. There were lots of adjustments to deal with...and as usual with life, those adjustments don't come easy.



But the eye twitching has stopped, or at least been temporarily sedated upon the presentation of my first paycheck. Ask me tomorrow though, and my answer might be different.



Speaking of college a few weeks ago I went back to the old stomping grounds (can I call it that if it's been less than five years since I left?) I had a blast, which was a little odd since most of the people I was friends with there are now gone. But I still have some really good friends there, so I guess in this case quality is better than quantity.



I am really just rambling, but what do you expect from a girl whose been unable to stop playing "The SIMS 2" for an entire weekend. I think that my ability to process anything above a third grade level right now is minimal. But I must give credit where it is due, and the Sims 2 game is awesome. I am not too thrilled about the new graphics, but it is so much more realistic. The characters have strong personality types based off of their astrological sign, and their life aspiration. The women get pregnant and go on maternity leave, the toddlers must be potty trained, taught to walk, and talk. Teens can sneak out at 1 am. You age and eventually die, leaving insurance to your children...and the cycle just continues, although none of my characters have died, I did recently have my children taken away by social services. My oldest child flunked out of school, and in my defense, I couldn't find her homework! lol. maybe the dog ate it? No seriously, but now I know how to do homework thanks to some savy internet friends, and I am going to try again, from scratch, and not make the same mistakes! wish me luck.



Now you totally think I am some computer nerd, or gaming geek. I have no life. I admit it. But what the hell. I only live once, and I work my butt off during the day. I deserve to spend my weekend doing something that makes me happy. It's no different from me falling in love with a book and spending the entire weekend reading the series! which I have done before. I have a slightly obsessive personality when it comes to that. But I don't get to splurge very often.



And on that note.... GO SPLURGE!!! You have my permission! Woo Hoo!